Dry, Winter Air? Install a Humidifier System to Your HVACPosted: February 2, 2013
The winter months take a toll on your skin. Cracked, dry, moisture-less. The reason why this happens is because heating the air removes all moisture from it. So you are left feeling dried out.
Did you know that dry air is less efficient to heat, because there is no moisture content and moisture content retains heat, making the heating process more efficient. Simple, right?
With most of our winter days spent inside, the effects of this heated air are felt throughout the cold months. As soon as you turn on your heat, your home is robbed of moisture. Installing a humidifier system reintroduces moisture content into your air, making being inside tolerable.
Here’s Some Tips on Installing a Humidifier to Your Forced Air System:
1. Identify the type of heating system. Not all systems are compatible.
2. Locate a water source, an electric source and a drain source necessary for installation.
3. Shop around. Find a system that fits your budget. They tend to range from a hundred dollars to a few thousand.
4. Read the directions carefully, as you will need to cut into your duct work. Measure twice, cut once definitely applies!
5. If the task seems a bit out of your comfort zone, call a professional to install.
6. Enjoy your new quality of air!